In addition to being super easy, it’s also healthier than your traditional chocolate tart while also being gluten-free, grain-free, fully plant based/vegan and paleo-friendly.
Really simple,clean, healthy chocolate tart recipe to whip up for a last minute post-dinner treat or lazy Sunday cooking session.
- 5 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 2 heaped tbsp cacao powder (If using cocoa powder add a touch more)
- Chocolate filling:
- 200g Chocolateeha chocolate (or any dark chocolate)
- 200ml oat cream (I have used Oatly Single cream)
- London Apron meringues
- Load of berries, fresh mint leaves and crushed nuts
- Start by placing your nuts into a food processor and pulse a few times until they are coarsely ground, then add the pitted dates and cacao.
- Blend until the mixture starts coming together and if needed, add a splash of water.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into your tart tin lined with cling film. Make sure you press it tightly onto the base and into the edges to form a crust (wet your fingers a bit, it does help a lot).
- Pop in the fridge for an hour to firm up.
- Next, make the beautiful chocolate filling by heating the oat cream in a small pan until it comes to the boil. Take off the heat, add in the chocolate and stir until completely melted.
- Let it cool down for a couple of minutes before carefully pouring evenly into the tart crust; Jiggle the tart pan gently to help flatten it out.
- Pop back in the fridge to set for an hour, but preferably two.
- Gently remove the tart from the tart tin, decorate with fresh berries, crushed nuts and fresh mint leaves before serving.
- If you have a bit of oat cream left, pour some over.